Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8/14/13: Wednesday, August 14, Wha' Hoppen? For reasons I don't fully understand, I simply fell into a sort of deep torpor for about a month plus, hardly getting out of bed except to feed the cats, bathe, etc. I lay in bed or sat in a chair and read one book after another on my Kindle until it died on me! True, I met Cammy for lunch on July 5, but after that? Nada.

   Was I so exhausted? Or dead lazy? Or just unhappy at being back in Oceanside? (I AM sick of Oceanside!) Hiding in my "girl cave" and reading is a great way to run away! But I need to manufacture some motivation to get up and get going, and I simply have none. Part of it was a reaction to a unfortunate combination of medications: because Metformin upsets my stomach so, I had recently started taking 2 Ranitidine with each Metformin, instead of 1 Ranitidine. Turns out that Ranitidine and Metformin can react to cause dizziness, sleepiness, space-y-ness, etc., which is just what I was experiencing. But cutting back on the Ranitidine hasn't helped much. I think I just want the hell out of here.

   I want my mountains! To heck with the damn  ocean! Same for the damn desert!

   I'm at Sportsmobile today, getting some little repairs done, and Lynne, who works here and whom I had met before when I had the pneumatic penthouse-raising/lowering system installed, suggested I look into becoming a seasonal campground manager. I've also been considering going full-time as an RVer, with the cats, and moving up to a Sprinter-based van for more room and for a diesel engine. But the cost…! I'd need to sell the mobile home and my current Sportsmobile just to raise the down payment!

   With this burning desire to spur me, I may find a way….

   Meanwhile, from Fresno (where Sportsmobile West is), I'll spend 3 days at Cisco Grove before going on for a week at Tahoe's D.L. Bliss State Park, where I'll meet Shalle for a week of dayhiking and kayaking. Whee! Good stuff!

   (Just found the perfect description of my torpor -- it's depression apparently untouched by the Lexapro -- at http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2013/05/depression-part-two.html. Now I hope I can find my dried corn-kernel to start me climbing out of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment