Saturday, July 6, 2013

Aftermath

7/5/13: Friday, July 5: Aftermath: A Day to Snooze and Launder. Spoke with friends and relatives this morning, as well as with Pat Forest last night. Bob Lamia called this morning with an assumed voice and manner: "The Highway Patrol has determined that now that you are home, it is safe for everyone else to continue their journeys." The rat!

   7/6/13, Saturday: Maybe I'll start a new blog, just for funny and interesting events from life around here. I could focus on one of my favorite "sports," accidentally reading signs and cards wrongly so that, for example, I initially misread a card sideways in a Trader Joe's rack: "CONGRATS YOU LATINOS," it said to me. That's nice, I thought, but what about the rest of us? Then I realized it really read, "CONGRAT YOU LATIONS." So I bought it for Sara's graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment