Thursday, June 13, 2013

6/13/13: Thursday, June 13: Eastham on Cape Cod, and the Diet Is Busted! I turned the trip odometer over to 4,000+ miles today.
   Stayed up way late last night -- just couldn't sleep. Struggled up around 8:30 AM to do laundry -- so many things soaked with sweat and rain.
   On Wednesday night, with a good internet connection at the Warwick Motel 6, I had reserved a room in Eastham, MA, about halfway out on Cape Cod to Provincetown. Provincetown was too expensive, campgrounds and motels alike; there's no camping in the national seashore; and, as I said before, I'm sick of camping in the rain. The van's door that gives primary access to the living space won't open in the rain. Why, I don't know. I've fed it lots of WD-40, but once it rains a little, the door doesn't respond at all to the inside or outside door handles.
   I can get into the living area via the driver's seat, so I'm not shut out, but that entails actually sitting on the seat and scooting over it to get my legs into the living area's aisle. Nerts!
   And I'm frustrated that I have indeed left all the Medifast centers far to the west. Getting to them on the way back may be too late, as I'm left with, of course, just the foods I have learned to dislike a whole lot. There seem to be no fatties like me in the New England; they're all slim, trim, and lovely like Lisa. In Pennsylvania, where the nearest centers are, WHOOEE, are there fatties. Lots of guys there have bigger titties than I do! Bring on the Bro (or the Manzier)!
   So to revenge myself on Medifast, I had my "lean and green" at a local diner: corned beef hash, an egg over hard, and English muffins on the grill. The order showed up with some cottage fries, too. One of the all-female staff told me I couldn't leave unless I finished everything, so I did, and then she gave me a sample of Grandma's Special Pudding as a reward: a lovely sort of Yankee flan, with a crust of Grape-Nuts, and a spritz of whipped cream. I'm busted. The diet is busted. It was great!
  Back at the diner, having finished up like a good girl, I lurched out the door into a light rain that followed me to the Massachusetts border, where it tapered off and then gave up. Before hitting the big road, I refilled a prescription at the Warwick Rite Aid (I love it when they don't bat an eye at another Rite Aid's prescription!) and decided to supplement my Medifast-I-Hate with some South Beach Diet bars.
   After an hour or so, I began driving out onto Cape Cod, which amazed me by being pretty much HF, G&GRH, although with lower relief than the mainland. The one thing I hardly saw was the sea! Guess that'll be tomorrow when I drive to Provincetown.
   But I'm comfy in this room, dry and snug, so why question tomorrow or its weather? Onward, I say, onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment