Wednesday, May 15, 2013

5/14/13: The Big Saguaro. This is the city: Tucson, Arizona. It's hot but still about 10 degrees cooler than El Centro. I'm stationed at the Rincon Country East RV Resort — very nice! It was a 300-mile drive. Got here around 8 PM, so I'm pretty tired.
   Picacho Peak north of Tucson was, as always, a very striking sight, with its upper slopes so nearly vertical and that cusp between the peaks (Google "Picacho Peak photos"). I wanted to take it in for questioning, but Capt. Matilda pointed out that there wasn't room for it.
    Got 13.87 miles/gallon between Oceanside and Yuma, but it was so hot on the road today that I had to use the air conditioning, which probably shot the mileage to blazes, ha ha. Also after El Centro, I had filled the fresh-water tank, so there's another 64 pounds to carry.
   I'll shower in the morning but have a baby-wipe bath tonight. After El Centro, I'm keeping the baby wipes in the refrigerator.
   This park has Tengo Internet, which I've used before, elsewhere. It has to be one of the worst providers, short of no provider at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment