Tuesday, May 28, 2013

5/28/13, Tuesday: The Short and Very Pretty: What with getting into East Jesus so late last night, getting set up and ready for bed by…MIDNIGHT!, I slept in and, after refilling with propane and gasoline, got a very late start. It had been a pleasant night, enlivened by having all my doors and windows open and attracting several June bugs who seemed miffed at being put out. One got stuck inside overnight and was royally cheesed off by the morning!

   It was a windy day, but the drive out of Dallas just got prettier and prettier, with a rolling, green, wooded landscape and improving weather as I went west. There was a big lake the freeway crossed on the way out of Dallas, Lake Ray Hubbard (a reservoir) with beachside places and marinas -- for a minute, I thought I'd made a wrong turn and gone to the Gulf Coast. I'm really enjoying this! Today made me so glad I'm making this trip!

   I actually left Texas for Arkansas at Texarkana, which straddles the state line, but then decided to turn back at the Arkansas Visitors Welcome Center about 10 miles over the border. It was already 6 PM, and I just didn't want to drive any more. The hell with it. Only 177 miles today. So?

   So I'm back in Texas, barely, at the Texarkana KOA, a really lovely campground, all hooked up and ready to to call it a night around 10 or 11 PM. The sites here are surrounded by grass and big trees, and I already have one June bug hanging out with me. Gosh, the exciting company I attract!

No comments:

Post a Comment