Friday, May 24, 2013

5/23/13: Thursday, San Antonio, TX: The Big Sultry Plus KK: Before I forget, I want to mention a great cat I met in Van Horn, TX, named KK. He belongs to the KOA managers, and they're lucky I didn't take him with me. He is like a dog when he wants to be patted: he sits up on his hindquarters and paws at your hand to recall you to your proper duty of scratching behind his ears, under his chin, at the base of his tail….
   San Antonio is hot and humid; I worked up such a lather bringing the rest of my luggage upstairs that I took off my shirt and bra and hung them over the air conditioner to dry. They didn't.
   I went to the bank and then to a movie theater to see the latest Star Trek film. What a yawner. Talk about a plot device that's been done to death and does not warrant resurrection! Of course, there were bigger and better chases, more and larger explosions, and showier and deadlier crashes, but they just went on and on and on….Truly a 13-year-old boy's dream world.
   Nancy picked me up in the late afternoon, and we went for a delightful stroll on San Antonio's famed Riverwalk, followed by an excellent dinner at her favorite Mexican place, La Gloria. Last night, after I'd had a chance to rest, she had picked me up for another excellent supper at a cute Mexican place in the plaza/shopping area where she lives. Her apartment is really beautiful, and she enjoys being within easy walking distance of so many shops and restaurants, including Trader Joe's.

No comments:

Post a Comment