Monday, May 13, 2013

5/13/2013. The Big Goodbye Day

   5/13/2013: This is the city: Oceanside, California. It was a Monday. I was working the Get Van Packed Division. The name's Ant Kathy. My partners were Martha the Panda and Matilda the Cat. The assignment: Oceanside, CA, to Provincetown, MA, and back in my van-based RV, a 1992 Ford E250.
   11:18 AM: I'm so nervous I get mental whiteouts when I try to think about this trip. Last night I couldn't sleep, so I over-ate "sugarless" desserts. Naturally, that left me badly needing Lotrimin and black tea in the morning. Good thing I'm just naturally cool. I don't care if I get no farther than El Centro today, just as long as I get started. Anxiety is a good waker-upper.
   (Yes, I've been watching old episodes of "Dragnet.")
   _____PM: Finally took off. [FILL IN BLANK BEFORE POSTING!!]
    Recipe: It's become the rage to include a recipe with your blog, so here's mine for today, a tropical-themed treat, "Rum and Mosquito Jello Salad." Dang, I'm out of space.

1 comment: