Thursday, May 30, 2013

5/30/13, Thursday, May 30: Tonight if all goes well, I get into the city of Nashville, TN: I've been thinking since Texarkana, TX, that I managed to cross the great state of…without seeing a single longhorn cow or bull and without seeing a single armadillo, unless it was unrecognizable flattened fauna.

   I've been kicking myself that I didn't print out my itinerary before I left home, but it's changed so much as I've gone along that it would be almost unrecognizable now.

   My new best friends are settings on the van's climate controls: NORM A/C and MAX A/C, especially Norm.

   Tootling along through Tennessee, I suddenly felt quite disoriented: What am I doing so far east? Where are the Sierra? Where's the Pacific Ocean? What are all these rolling green hills? Help, where am I?! This is what I call being out of my comfort zone!

   Crossing from Arkansas into Tennessee: My gosh, the Mississippi is big! So are all these rivers! The farther east I went, the hillier Tennessee got. This must be how I wound up in the Nashville KOA in the midst of country-music attractions galore. I have little or no idea who these artists are.

No comments:

Post a Comment