Thursday, May 30, 2013

5/29/13, Wednesday, This is the not-city, Village Creek State Park, AR: Site 36. Just outside Wynne, AR, which is off on a winding country road from Forrest City and I40, which I've been on since Little Rock, AR.

  ( WAAAAAH! The people in the next site here at the Texarkana KOA just drove off and took their lovely cat with them! Bring it back!!)

   On the way to Village Creek SP, I saw a bumper sticker worth noting: EAT RICE/Potatoes Make Your Butt Bigger. I can do "bigger butt" on rice just as well.

   Again, beautiful, lush countryside. What we call a river hardly counts as a creek here. However, behind some of the well-forested facades, I could see clearcuts. Lots of evergreens as well as deciduous trees. Very humid with nose-filling and pleasant vegetation fragrance. It reminds me so much of Hilo!

   Village Creek SP is especially lush, with its many deciduous trees that include liquidambars. The campground is very lovely, and I have neighbors who have a tiny, teacup Chihuahua and a very young and adorable kitten. It began to thunder and get quite windy, so I went over to help them nail their stuff down, and I had a chance to pat the dog and cuddle the kitten. Poor little things were frightened and bewildered.

   It rained a very little. I wonder if that's that? According to the radio, if it rains, it will reduce the humidity (a relief it sounds as if they'll really appreciate). I'm tucked into a shady site with water and electricity; what more could I want?!

No comments:

Post a Comment